Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!!

Hola Familia y amigos!! Estoy animada que puedo escribir a uds! How's it goin yal? Life here at the MTC is pretty darn good!! On Tuesday Elder Bednar came and spoke at the devotional. It was amazing!!! It is so neat to hear an apostle of the Lord speak. You can tell that he really is called of God... you can feel it when he speaks. His question was based upon a question he most often receives when talking to congregations around the world., which was "How do i know if its the Holy Ghost or if its just me?" He then explained that we need to basically quit worrying about it and get to work, and if we do that then we will be directed by the Holy Ghost in the manner we should go. My favorite part was at the end when he said... "By the holy apostleship which i hold I invoke this blessing upon you... that if you will be a good boy or good girl, remember and honor your covenants, and keep the commandments, then as you press forward your steps will be guided, your udderances will be inspired, and you cannot go amiss." How powerful is that!! I love when Elder Bednar speaks because its always so simple yet so powerful!
>
> Other exciting happenings at the MTC... the sisters can now exercise in the morning!! We usually have to get up at 6:30 am and we get an hour of exercise each day, but i REALLY wanted to run outside, but no one would go with me. Finally I found an hermana who was willing to get up at 6 with me and go running!! Plus... right after they announced that they're going to start opening the gym for sister missionaries only from 6-6:30 each morning, so thats pretty sweet too!! I love it. Now I get to run even more!! I have way too much energy here. This whole 8 hours of sleep thing is insane!! :) So... hopefully running in the morning will help :) Its AMAZING running at sunrise too! I love it.
>
> Oh! I also got a 3rd companion this week, so now we''re in a trio. Her name is Hna Wise and she's from spokane. It's hard cuz me & Hna Fox wsere SO close, but Hna wise is a sweetheart so it should be fun!
>
> The spanish is coming along just great!! As I said before, my teachers have both told me i can go to the advanced class if i want. It would be way too hard to switch though, so instead my teacher has started making it where I get to teach the language class part of the time. It's AWESOME because it really makes me master the language. Plus, it makes me feel better about my own Spanish :)
>
> Anyways.... not too much else exciting going on here. Lots and lots and LOTS of class! We have devo again today... i cant wait!! I love it.
>
> I hope all is well in the "real world"! I really do know that what I am studying and teaching is true... I have no doubt in my mind that Christ lives.... that He is there for us always. I know that he suffered and died for me individually so that I can return to live with him someday and so that he would know how to comfort me. I know that this is Christ's church... If it wasn't then why would I spend 18 months sharing it with other people that I don't even know? I love the gospel. It has brought me more happiness that anything else in my life, and I am so excited to share that happiness with the people in Argentina!
>
> Here's one of my FAVORITE quotes:
>
> " Don't let the fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you -- whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside" (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
>
> I love you all! I hope life is treating you well!! Besos!!!
>
> Con carino, Hermanita Dev

No comments:

Post a Comment