Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This week in the MTC.... SWINE FLU?!

No,no,no... dont worry.... i dont have the swine flu. I dont know if you guys have already heard, but the whole MTC is quarantined right now because of the swine flu though!! Pretty crazy. Everyone who was supposed to leave had their travel plans cancelled, and no one is allowed to leave the MTC until July 15. I guess there's been 3 cases of the swine flu and 17 of influenza, so they're keeping all the missionaries. Its SOOO sad for half of our zone because a ton of people who have been here for 9 weeks had flight plans for tuesday, but the announced on monday afternoon all travel plans were cancelled. Anyone who is sick, too, is being quarantined to separate rooms and not allowed to leave their rooms. I guess they're still letting new missionaries in, but NO family members are allowed to come into the MTC. so... basically... no good bye movie... gotta just drop your kid off at the door.
>
> Anyways.... aside from that its been a great week! I feel a TON better now. I still have a little breathing problem and still have a cough, but its no where near as bad as it was before. Plus, I can finally go to gym time and get to play volleyball everyday... LOVE it!! I've been going crazy not being able to exercise every day, but now we're good. Last night my companion and I built a HUGE fort in our room and slept in it. Pictures soon to come! :)
>
> We've had some AMAZING devotionals this week! On Tuesday Elder Douglas Callister came and spoke to us, mostly about how everything we do is centered on Christ atonement. It really made me think about why I'm here and why I'm giving up 18 months of my life to serve a mission and teach people about the Gospel. If you think about it.... Christ gave everything and suffered pain beyond anything we can even imagine for us. Joseph Smith gave his life for this gospel, and i'm only being asked to sacrifice 18 months? Sacrifice isnnt even the right word. In two short weeks I have already seen how much deciding to serve a mission has blessed me. I know that serving a mission willl be a great blessing for me, and I hope that I can help to be a blessing in other people's lives as well by sharing with them the happiness that I have. I am doing nothing miraculous by being here, but I am bringing the message of the miraculous atonement to people and showing them that they can be forgiven and can be "clean again as a newborn child." I am so incredibly grateful for the atonement in my life. I've felt its cleansing power and know that it is real. There is no possible way that I could even doubt that this is CHrist's true church, that He knows me individually, and that he died for me so that I can live with Him again, and live with my family for eternity. How grateful I am to know this and to have this peace and happiness in my life!!
>
> Anyways... I hope everything is going great in the "real world" I can't wait until I'm there again :) 7 more weeks and i'm free!! haha. The MTC is a great place.. i'm definitely ready to go to Argentina though!!
>
> I love you all! Be good. Smile.
>
> Love, Hermanita Churchill
>
> -AKA- Devee!
>
> OH>>>>> ... P.S....
> Once i'm actuallt in Argentina I'll probably be allowed to get emails from people, but right now its way too hard to read them in 30 minutes... i barely even have time to write an email! BUT>... if any of you want to you can go to dearelder.com and write an email on there and it will get sent to me as a letter at the MTC. Then its WAY easier to write back to you too!! Thank you SOO much to those of you who have written me letters! The best days here in the MTC are the ones when I get to hear from family and friends and get letters of support!! I love hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment