Thursday, July 16, 2009

ARGENTINA HERE I COME!!!! ... I hope

SOOO... So far so good.. I got my flight plans and I'm leaving on Monday morning at 5 AM to go to ARGENTINA!!!!! YAY!!!!! It's about time! :) The whole "i hope" part though.... Apparently all the elders in my district just got visa delays and found out they probably wont leave for 2 more weeks... and they're all going to Argentina too. From what I hear if you're in Buenos Aires, though, you don't need a visa... so I think I'm safe... we'll find out soon enough though! So... Cross your fingers and pray hard that I'll get to go! :) PS have yal heard that Argentina is now the capital of the swine flu? Buenos Aires, specifically. Pretty sweet huh?! haha. Don't worry, I promise I won't die.
>
> SOOO... anyways, travel plans... I leave a 5 AM on monday... our flight leaves at 8 AM ... and we get into Buenos Aires, Argentina at 8 AM on Tuesday. Translation: it's going to be a very long day! It was gonna be a big party because we were going to have 30 missionaries all on the same flights, but now we'll probably only have 8. Oh well. We have 2 lay overs.. one in LA and one in PERU!!! YAY!!! Ok... I know it's silly to get excited because I don't actually get to leave the airport, but I'm still SOOOO stinkin excited to be in Peru again! :)
>
> This week has been pretty good, but time is starting to slow down ever since we got our travel plans! It should pick up pretty quick though because we're teaching 15x in the TEC... meaning NO study time pretty much... just class and teaching. I'm excited!! I can't wait til I get to teach and find all day, everyday!
>
> We've had some really good speakers this week! Last Tuesday Elder Angel Abrea of the seventy came and talked to us, on Sunday Margaret D. Nadauld (YW general president) spoke to us in Relief Society, and President Clegg (who set me apart) spoke on Sunday. Today we're hoping for a really good devotional since it's our last! Kind of silly to say since all of them are wonderful. I'm super excited though because we're singing "Blessings"... AKA "Come thou fount" in choir for the devo. AMAZING. I absolutely love this song! The spirit is SUPER strong when we sing it together!
>
> Here's a quick thought for yal today: It's from Music and the Spoken Word from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. During the program some of the commentary really stood out to me. It basically said:
>
> "Stop. Look around and realize how much you have been given and blessed with. Instead of thinking of what you can buy and be happy, think of what you already have that is sufficient to accomplish this. SLOW DOWN & ENJOY all the beauty around us that God has given us."
>
> We are SOOOO incredibly blessed... every single one of us! Look outside. Look at your families and friends and the people who you care about the most in your life. All of these are blessings. I'm probably not the best person to talk about slowing down... after all, I'm my mother's daughter... but it's definitely good advice I'm trying to use. When we slow down and realize all we have we are instantly happier. This goes along with a quote from Henry Ford I really like too:
>
> "Don't find fault, find a remedy. Anybody can complain"
>
> I hope all of you are happy and loving life & living it to the fullest! Never waste a single day.
>
> I love you all!
>
> xo, Hermana CHurchill
>
> AKA Devee!

No comments:

Post a Comment