Monday, November 30, 2009

Life is a PARTY! :)







Holy exciting times in Argentina!
First off, with all the excitement of Raul´s baptism I forgot to tell yal that we just had transfers. It´s funny because before I wanted to leave Banfield 2, or "Beverly Hills" as everyone calls it... but then I got Hermana Turley, and didn´t want to change so we could stay together! Well.... transfers came, and we stayed!!! YAY!!! It´s pretty crazy though, because Hermana Turley is leaving early right before Christmas, so I´m going to have a "mini-missionary" for 2 weeks (kinda like mini training) and then I have to stay ANOTHER transfer in Banfield 2... meaning - por lo menos - I´m going to be here in Banfield for 5 TRANSFERS!! (o sea... 7.5 months) Pretty crazy. Definitely did not expect that!
This week was way exciting too! Thanksgiving was pretty tranquilo (calm). Mom... you´d be proud of me... we had district meeting on Thanksgiving day, so I made 2 pies for the zone. There was no way I could go from making 40 pies last year to none this year, so I made sure to at least make a few! :) Me and hermana Turley also had fun making gum-drop turkeys... the pictures are to follow... :)
In other happenings, right now it´s crazy weather season in Argie, and this weekend we had a HUGE huge storm! I thought I knew what rain was, but I didnñt know anything! Sunday morning it started raining like CRAZY! I´m talking... you go outside and you feel like buckets of water are pouring down on you! It was fun watching it from the pension, because we´re 11 floors up and could see all the flooded streets that literally looked like rivers! Then we went downstairs and found out our street was flooded too!!! This is totally normal in other areas, but we live right in the center of the city where that never happens! Anyways... when we got to church finally at 9:40 there were only 9 people there (church starts at 9:30). Luckily more showed up later, but boy was it a fun day! Being a missionary is hard when it rains so much because no one lets you in and you´re soaked all day with mud-covered shoes, and just end up walking tons... but I liked it! :) Makes for some AMAZING puddle jumping!
This week our Noche de Luz performances start!!! YAY! :) For the next 3 weekends we´re going to be performing Friday, Saturday, and SUnday in all the different zones in our mission! I´´m way excited. It´s turned out really good. We have a choir of 10 sister missionaries and 10 elders, a flute, a violin, and a trumpet. AND... last minute Hermana Fitch decided she wanted me to sing in an octet too! So... I´m excited :) This is going to be a CRAZY hectic, but very fun few weeks! :)
Alright... well... time to get back to work. Ok... not quite... but I gotta bounce! :) Here´s an awesome quote for yal before I go..
" There is no greater blessing, no greater joy and happiness than comes to us from relieving the distress of others."
- J. Reuben Clark
I love you all! Find a way to help those around you this week! Even though it may not seem like it, everyone is in need of some sort of help. Be good, smile lots!
Besitos!
Hermana Churchill
PICTURES!!
1. CANDY TURKEYS!! missionary style :) I´m the yellow one, Hna Turley is the red one
2. Pie time! We made apple and banana, and our other hermanas made peach cobbler! Yumm.
3. hehe... we had a little too much fun with the candy turkeys... this is the baptismal photo we took of our turkey family... mommy, daddy and baby! :) "la pila bautismal" = the baptimal font
4. SOrry its dark, but this was our street on Sunday morning. It was 9:00 in the morning but looked like it was 9 at night! So much fun though!
5. Ice cream day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment