Monday, March 8, 2010

BRRRR!!!! .... haha.... SIKE! :)

Hey everyone! How´s life in the cold, icy states? ha.... so weird.... we´re MELTING down here! But... good news... we got a fan! Still no pension though. They already have it all picked out and everything, BUT.... just to our luck... the place that does the contracts is on vacation right now... just like the rest of Argentina. So... we´re still sleeping on our mattresses on the floor, and being very creative with eating (since we have one knife and one bowl in the pension for 4 people), and shower schedules for 4 hermanas in the morning. But heck... life is great! I´m still completely in LOVE with my area, and it just keeps getting better and better! Well... 2 things that really stood out to me this week were 1) how to be a good member, and 2) how awesome the gospel is! Haha... dont worry ... i´ll explain :) So the first... Our ward is amazing here! In the 3 weeks we´ve been here, we´ve only eaten lunch in the pension ONCE, cuz every day members feed us! Its awesome! It´s funny though, cuz here even all of our investigators ask us to stay for lunch. The people here are so amazing. SO many have basically nothing, but always are offering us stuff. It shows you wants really important in this life. Another cool thing about our ward.... here´s an example... one day we got a phone call from an hermano who said " Hermanas, i have about 6 references of full families for you guys to visit, can you come over and get them?" FAA!!! This ward never ceases to amaze me! I have definitely learned, in MANY ways, how to be a good member. 2) Ok... the 2nd thing I love is that i really dont have to do ANYTHING here! Ok... thats a lie... i do have to work... but my FAVORITE thing about being a missionary for the true gospel and the true church of Jesus CHrist, is that I don´t have to convince ANYONE of ANYTHING! It´s awesome! Not a single person has to listen to me! All a person has to do to know if it´s really true what we claim, is to read the Book of Mormon... even a tiny part.... and PRAY... and they´ll know! Never has anything so great been so easy! So... that´s my invitation this week, to just do the experiment and see what happens. It´s so easy. If you have a sincere heart and real intent, you´ll feel and know it´s true... every single part! And if you´re already a member, DO IT AGAIN! It never hurts to ask. I promise that every time you do this experiment, yoúr testimony will be strengthened I love you all tons and I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for the support! It has been an insane 3 weeks here with everything going on, but I´m loving every second of it (minus the marriage proposals... but thats a story for another day :) ! Be good and smile tons! Besos, Hermana Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment