Sunday, January 10, 2010

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Training AND opening an area?! .... WHAT?!?!?!?!

HOLY COW!!!! Today was transfers, and I can´t believe what´s happening!
So... here´s the story.... Saturday night at about 10 pm our district leader called to let us know what trasfers were gonna be. Now... I´ve already been in Banfield 2 for 4 transfers, which is usually the most, but seeing as Hermana Turley left 2 weeks ago and my mini companion only has 2 weeks in this area, I was positive I was going to stay.
ANYWAYS... When transfers come, you can guarantee the first thing they tell you is a joke, cuz they always like to tease. SO.... our district leader said¨"alright... for transfers.... Hermana Taquichiri and Hermana Churchill are staying together in Banfield 2!" I don´t know why I believed him, but I thought "really?! This means i´m gonna be here for 9 months!" cuz i would have to stay ANOTHER transfer since taquichiri is only a mini and is only staying this transfer.
BUT.... then he told us it was a joke and said "ok, ok... i´ll tell you the truth. Hermana Taquichiri is staying in Banfield and Hermana Fox is coming to be her companion. And Hermana CHurchill is going to OLMOS in Villa Elvira to open an area, and for her companion.... she´s TRAINING!"
Ok.... now when he said this i was SURE it was a joke, for many reasons.... 1) Hermana Taquichiri only has 2 weeks in this area, and barely knows it. 2) EVERYONE in the mission knows me and hermana Fox are best friends and want to be companions, so i thought he was just teasing that she was coming and i was going. And 3) Opening an area AND training are two huge things, so I was POSITIVE president wouldn´t have a missionary do both at the same time because it would be CRAZY, especially since I only have 4 transfers in the mission.
After i spent 5 minutes trying to get Elder Riquez to tell me the truth, until i finally realized that he wasnt joking.... meaning that
I´M OPENING AN AREA AND TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAZY!
I am SOOOO stoked though.... I can´t even tell you! I was way sad because I´m going to miss Ariel and Miriam´s baptisms, which i promised i´d be here for, and Tatiana is having her baby in February, which I´ll miss too. BUT... I am SOOOO excited for my new assignment!! Today I get to stay in my pension here in Banfield 2 with Hermana Fox and Taquichiri, and tomorrow morning I go to the mission home to meet my "nuevita"!! (new companion).
Olmos is close to La Plata, which is the capital of the province of Buenos Aires, but is about 2 hours away from where I am now. How in the world we´re gonna make it with ALL our suitcases for both me and my comp in train and bus i dont know, but I´m sure it´´ll work out. All i really now about the area right now is that there´s a prison there, and that I get VILLA!!! YAY!! haha.. hermanas never get areas with villa (villas are ghettos ... but WAY more ghetto than what we think of ghetto) so I´m excited. We´re going to be sharing the ward with two other elders, and as of right now... we dont have an apartment. But I guess we´re living with members until we find one. SO... we´ll see how that goes.
ANYWAYS:... that´s my exciting news for now!! It was COMPLETELY unexpected, but I´m pumped and ready to go!!!! I´m sure I´ll have some great stories for you next week!
Well.... I hope everything is going great!! Thanks for the pictures and letters. Send me lots!! I LOVE seeing everything that went on back home!! Oh... side note... mom and mel... i still havent gotten the packages but i DO know they´re in argentina and coming soon! whoo hoo!! :) haha. I hope you all had a WONDERFUL time with CHristmas and New Year´s. Love you all tons and tons!!!
Un beso GRANDE!
Hermana Devee :)
P.S.... I´ll be home for Christmas :) hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment