Monday, January 11, 2010

ROLLERCOASTER week! But still tearin it up! :)

Man do I have some stories for yal! ....

So Tuesday morning I got to meet my new companion who I´m training, Hermana Hill. (hehe... pretty sweet huh? My companion´s name is half of my name!) She´s way sweet! While at the mission home, however, I still had no idea where we were going to live, and apparently the stake president wasnt able to find a pension for us, so we were going to have to live with a member for a little while. Seeing as Olmos is 2 hours away from the mission home, and we would have to travel in bus and train with ALL of our suitcases, AND we didn´t know where to go, President arranged for the Assistants to drive us down. BUT.... when they called to find out where to go, we found out that it wasn´t an apartment we were going to live in, it was a room in the house. SOOO... we went on a little road trip with the Assistants to see how it was and make sure it was ok

Well... I wont go into too many details, but that night we had a fun night sleeping with the infestation of spiders and cockroaches in the walls and right above our heads in the bed, and on our thin, worn-out mattresses in a pool of sweat since it was one of the hottest days here, and we had no fan. It was a hard, hard night. I think we slept about 2 hours. We also ended up not even showering the next morning because the bathroom door couldnt shut, which is awkward when you´re living in someone else´s house. Luckily the members are AMAZING who we were living with, making it more manageable, but with being a missionary and all it was tough.

ANYWAYS.... no worries... the next day when President found out he got us moved right away. Now we´re living in the Hermana´s pension in the area next to ours, and its WONDERFUL!!! I always joke these problems happened to help me transition from living in the "castle" apartment of the hermanas in Banfield to whatever new apartment i get. Its super fun living with 4 hermanas too. (that NEVER happens in our mission). And our area is PHENOMENAL!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!! I cant even explain. It´s ALL campo and villa... meaning very very humble people. We found a TON of new investigators, and were even able to set 3 baptismal dates with a family we just found, and they ALL came to church on Sunday!! WHOO HOO!!!

Anyways, I´ll tell ya more next week, I´m all out of time. We are DEFINITELY having a party here in our new area though!!!! It´s WONDERFUL!!!

I love you lots!! SMILE tons, and remember... anything is possible with a little faith!

love, hermana dev

3 comments:

  1. Buenos Aires, a complex, energetic, and seductive port city, which stretches south-to-north along the Rio de la Plata, has been the gateway to Argentina for centuries. Portenos, as the multinational people of Buenos Aires are known, possess an elaborate and rich cultural identity.
    I rented a very beautiful apartment Buenos Aires which was very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I saw you in the 214 bus.

    I hope you enjoy La Plata, and have the opportunity to visit the cathedral that is very big (you saw it) and below it there is a museum that can be visited.

    By the way: Kool-Aid Rocks!

    Cheers!

    (don't worry about how I found you on the internet, it's simple, I google you)

    ReplyDelete