Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Argie time!! :)

I am BEAT! But man does it feel good :)
SOO.... today was WONDERFUL! Sorry about the delay in the email, but this week our p-day was switched to Tuesday because we got to go to the temple!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!! Sadly, though, it was my first and last time going to the Buenos Aires temple, because they´re closing it for 2 years in November to do rennovations :( sad day. But at least I got to go, and boy was it wonderful!!! :) So, this is my temple shout out to everyone... whatever it takes, BE WORTHY to go to the temple!! If you´re not right now, then get worthy!! If you are, then make time to go!! The temple is a PHENOMENAL place, and the feelings and thoughts you have while inside are better than anything else imaginable. If you don´t know what the temple is... well.... let me know... I´ll fill you in :)
(Oh... PS... while at the temple... Josh McDaniel, one of the Hermanas from Lanus said she was talking to you a few weeks ago and said hi to me for you :) It was awesome! And Allen... while walking back from the temple I met your ¨hijo¨.. pretty funny... i dont remember his last name but it starts with an M... he says hi! )
So.. this has been a pretty mixed up week. Wednesday I spent the day in Capital doing paperwork for my visa... not so exciting... but we did get to have a sleep over with Hermana Fox (my MTC comp who i LOVE) and another hermana... and Thursday we had zone conference... yay! Zone conference is always amazing, but this one was especially fun because I got to play the flute with another Elder playing the violin and another on the piano. I am SO happy I get to play!! We also got to talk about all the awesome experiences we´ve been having, and the crazy number of miracles we´ve seen! Before our ward was pretty cold to missionary work and not interested, and finding people to teach was difficult. Now, though, we´ve been finding tons of people who want to learn more about the gospel, and the ward is starting to see it and get excited!! Yay!
So.. thought of the week is from the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon. Can I just say that I love Alma the younger? Anyways... He´s talking about the experience he had with repentance and how wonderful it is to be forgiven of his sins. Sorry I dont have the english scripture, but I LOVE Alma 36:21... ¨No podia haber cosa tan intensa ni tan amarga como mis dolores. Si, hijo mio, y tambien te digo que por otra parte no puede haber cosa tan intensa y dulce como lo fue mi gozo. ¨Or... basically he says there is nothing as intense or bitter as the pain he felt, but also there is nothing as intense and sweet as was his joy when he repented. It´s SO true to. So many people suffer because of things they have done in the past and the guilt the feel. Imagine, though, that if they repent the joy they feel is just as intense, if not greater!! We are SOO incredibly blessed to have the atonement and the opportunity to repent of ALL of our sins! Our brother Jesus Christ suffered for us so that he could help us. All we have to do is turn to him and he will take off the burden and we can be HAPPY again!!! :) There is nothing sweeter!!!
Well... I love you all more than you can even imagine!!! I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I´ve only been gone four months, but I am already amazed at the difference this has made in my life, and will be eternally grateful for the chance I´ve had to serve in this amazing work!! Thank you so much for all the prayers and support!! :) Les quiero
Con carino,
Hermana Dev :)
PS.... BYU updates? Anyone? :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment