Friday, September 4, 2009

YAY FOR BAPTISMS!!!!! .... Great way to end my first transfer!

Well hola yal!
Life is great here in good old Argentina!! This week we had an awesome time, especially Sunday! First, we had 5 investigators at church on Sunday! Oh... one of which is named Angel, who showed up at church last Sunday asking how he could get baptised.... talk about a dream come true! :) He´s awesome though
After church we had a BAPTISM!!! YAY!!!!! Marcela (17), Leo (8), and Daniela (11) all got baptised today, and their mom Marta and other brother Diego are getting baptised in 2 weeks!! It was so wonderful. You have to understand.... this family lives in some of the worst of circumstances, and when we first met them the mom was super sick, always in bed and angry at the world too. Now, though, you can literally see a change in her eyes, and she`s always happy and smiling, and LOVES talking about the gospel! I`m so excited for their family!!! Marcela is a total future missionary too, and we already have plans for her to go out with us to teach their neighbors. WHOO HOO!! Party time in Argie!
Oh... also... I was way excited for this baptism since it was my first here, but then I also found out that this is the first baptism in this area since like February! Not to mention we also have 13 other investigators getting ready to be baptised too in the next few months... so it`s AMAZING because our ward is starting to change and are starting to get excited about missionary work. Miracles really do happen.... just gotta have a little faith!
Let´s see... other news... Today is the last day of my first transfer! (6 weeks). Turns out me & Hermana Reyes are staying together though, so we`re getting ready to work extra hard this coming transfer!
So... thought of the week... here`s a quote from President Hinckley that I love (i hope i havent already shared it... but if so... no worries... its still wonderful)
`Rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope that you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass.`
Each and every one of you are AMAZING with so many talents and abilities. Develop them and use them to help those around you. Every day miracles are happening, you just have to look for them to recognize them.
I love you all! Know that you`re always in my prayers and I wish the best for each of you!
Besitos,
Hermana Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment