Sunday, October 18, 2009

I´m famous now!! :) Radio show and a baptism... could it get better?

Ok, ok.... so maybe not quite famous, but this week we got to be on a RADIO SHOW!!!! It was pretty sweet! One day me & my comp were walking down the street and we saw a little sign for a radio station, so we decided to stop and ask if they would announce General Conference for us. In the end, they asked us if we just wanted to have our own show, and gave us a WHOLE HOUR to talk about whatever the heck we wanted!!! So... Friday we went with 4 other elders from our zone, and got to talk all about the Restoration of the church, the Book of Mormon, conference, and listen to MoTab! Pretty sweet huh???? Afterwards they offered to have us back again, so this Friday we´re probably going to do it again!! It´s an AM station, but you can also listen to it on the interenet at www.radioindependencia.com.ar from 12pm-1pm on Friday (that´s Argentine time... I think that´s like 8 am Seattle time, or something like that).
Speaking of conference... wasn´t it AMAZING????? I LOVED it! I can´t even explain how wonderful it was! This week was absolutely exhausting, since we had the radio show and were working a ton to invite people to conference, and we had to prepare a baptism for Sunday. Whoof! Even so, Friday night I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve... I could not sleep! I woke up so many times, and when it finally hit 6:30am, I jumped out of bed!! haha. It was a wonderful weekend though. It´s funny because a lot of people think going to all 4 sessions is so much time, but I wish there were more!!!
Oh... yeah... skipped a little detail... ANGEL GOT BAPTISED ON SUNDAY!!!!! WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!!! Angel is the guy who showed up at church and beasically said ¨Hi I want to be baptised, what do i need to do? ¨ :) Wonderful, wonderful! So, we had the baptismal service in between the sessions (a little tricky since that left the whole chapel without running water for people to wash their hands). All went well though. One fun part, too, was the talk from Maxi, a pre-missionary in our ward, who HATES public speaking and gets super nervous. We asked him to give one of the talks, and he DID NOT want to do it. But... the night before, we went to his house and had a super fun lesson about how to give a talk... Hna Reyes helped him write it and I taught him how to present it... that was fun. Anyways, when he got up to give his talk he surprised us by memorizing the whole thing!!!! He did great!!
Anyways.... that´s pretty much my fun for the week.... Radio show, General Conference, and a baptism!!! Not a bad week :)
Well I hope life is wonderful back home, and hope to hear from you all soon! SMILE LOTS!!! Jesus loves you :) .... and I do too!!
Besitos!
Hermana Devee

No comments:

Post a Comment