Friday, October 30, 2009

Talk about the perfect companionship!!! ... and pictures finally !!!

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!! This week has been AMAZING!!! First off, my new companion Hermana Turley....I absolutely LOVE her!!! Funny thing too... We were talking one day, and I asked her where she lived in Provo before her mission, and it was Carriage Cove, the same place I lived!!! We talked more and realized she lived in my same ward, and even with my same exact roomates Mindy and Allie, before she left (which... i moved into Carriage Cove 4 days after she left!! Craziness!). SO.... this means we know all the same people and have a ton of the same friends!! Even funnier is that we´ve discovered we are super alike and even have the same exact missionary shoes and clothes. Pretty funny! haha. Needless to say.... I am LOVING this new companionship I´m in! :) So... for those of you in CC... yes, i finally met Kaylee Turley, and now she´s my comp! :) To make it even better, we had a ROCKING week this week! We taught more lessons than we´ve ever done in this area, set a baptismal date with Sonia, a woman we´re teaching in Escalada, got Raul to come to church just by showing up at his house, AND.. best of all... found a family that has 13 KIDS!!!!!! We met them while knocking doors, and not only did they invite us in to talk, but later we found out that 10 years ago they were listening to the missionary charlas!! (aka discussions). Pretty cool huh?!?! So... we´ll see what we can get going this time. Apparently they weren´t prepared to receive the gospel 10 years ago, but maybe this is their time! We´ll just have to wait and see... So I have a SUPER cool thought for yal this week! It comes from a lesson in the Argentina MTC and 1 Corinthians 9:26¨ ´´I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight I, not as one that beateth the air´´ One of the hermanas explained that in boxing, when a boxer goes to hit and misses, it wastes 7 times more energy than if he had hit his target. We can apply this in our own lives, in that when we don´t go straight for the goal or target we have, we´re like one that ´´beateth the air´´... simply wasting energy and time. Instead, everything we do should be things that are centered on our target. I really like this analogy because I know how easy it is to get distracted. (Honestly... my attention span is worse than that of a 5 year old!) Really, though, we need to make goals of what we want to do and how, and then focus all of our efforts upon that. Then we won´t waste energy on the things that dont matter. So... think about what´s most important to you in your life, and how you can focus on that to achieve your goals. Thank you a TON for the support and love!! I can´´t even start to explain how happy I am right now!!! I love you all tons and tons!! xo, Hermana Dev PICTURES!! FINALLY!!! 1. Angel´s baptism2. Cookies for hermana reyes´ 1 year! 3. Pizza Hot :) Argentina´s Pizza Hut4. Marta and Diego´s baptism!!! I LOVE this picture!!! They´re my favorite :) Sorry no pics of me and Hna Turley yet... they´ll come soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment