Sunday, October 18, 2009

TRANSFERS!!!! WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Alright... so i have 10 minutes to email yal, so this is gonna be short!!! Man was today crazy....
First off, it was transfers meeting! Saturday night we found out Hermana Reyes, my companion, was leaving, and now I´m with Hermana Turley who´s from Conneticut. Two gringas!! Whoo hoo!! SHe´s SUPER cute and I already love her! She and I are both in Noche de Luz together, and this week we start practices... about 5 hours a week! Crazy eh? But so much fun too! I also got to play ´´My shepherd will supply my need´´ ... the mo-tab one... on the flute with 2 elders on violin and piano and 4 elders singing... it was amazing!!
Alright... so this week was super fun! I got to do intercambios (exchanges) again with Hermana Strasser, which I loved! We even got to go to the villa (ghetto,... but WAY more ghetto that any US ghetto :) and taught a lot of lessons to the people I met last time. And of course we had a little fun too :) Funny moment of the week was when we were walking along and.. you know how tennis shoes on telephone wires means thats where drug-dealers live, but its small so its kinda hush hush? Well... we were walking along and I looked up and I saw this... but not just one pair... literally like 30 pairs of tennis shoes on this one wire!!! Guess it´s not such a secret here :)
Then on Friday we got to do another radio show!!!! Hermana Reyes recorded it, so hopefully sometime I´ll be able to send it to yal so you can listen. It was really neat though, being able to share my testimony with so many people!
Aside from all that, this week has been pretty tranquilo. It´s starting to get hot here, thank goodness! I´m sick of the cold! With everything going on back home and here in the mission, though, I´ve really come to realize how blessed we are in our lives. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who I know is always watching over us.
Anyways, I love you all and pray for you every single day!!! Take care, be safe, smile TONS!!! And go and do something nice for someone else today!
Con Carino,
Hermana Devee

No comments:

Post a Comment