Sunday, September 12, 2010

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!

We had the most INCREDIBLE experience this week!!!!! By far one of the best I´ve ever had in my mission!!!
Alright... so I gotta back track a lil. Remember the Gaspari family? They´re the members who we went to EVERY week, who the parents have just started coming back to church, but the kids no, but we´ve gotten to be super good friends with the daughter and have worked with her a lot. WELL:... this family LOVES the missionaries and always tells us about their missionaries who baptized them. They were baptized in 1979. The sad thing, though, is that in 1986.... 24 years ago... they lost contact with their missionary and are always super sad they cant talk to her anymore.
WELL.... one day we were talking about the missionary, and I offered to write down the name and send it to my parents to look up in the yellow pages or something. But then when they showed me the last letter they had from her, I noticed that she was from Genola, UT, a tiny town where my sister-in-law Dani´s mom´s family is from. So I thought "hmm.... maybe I should just ask Dani if maybe her grandparents would know her from their stake or something." So I sent Dani an email and told her about everything and the name (rosalee davis), and she wrote me back right away and said "No way! That´s my AUNT!!" Well... turns out this missionary was the wife of Dani´s uncle, and although they had separated since then she was still able to get me her new address super easily. Then, I decided it would be even more fun to call her with them! So... here´s the good part...
We decided to surprise the family. They already knew we were getting the address for them, and even just that news made them cry. But, we had a cita set up last Thursday, so before we bought a phone card, and when we got there we told them that the "activity" of the night was going to be calling Rosalee! Everyone started crying they were SO excited! After waiting 26 years, they were finally going to get to talk to their missionary! We called, and apparently Rosalee´s daughter had told her that day that we were going to call, and she said "I´ve been waiting for HOURS for your call and I´m already crying! I can´t believe you´re calling from Argentina!" I told her she wasn´t the only one, and that I had some people waiting to talk to her. I then handed the phone over, and for the next hour the whole family talked and cried, and I translated when they couldn´t understand. It was SOOO incredible!!!
Afterwards the mom just kept hugging me and crying, saying how she would be eternally grateful for reconnecting them. I´m just so happy and thrilled that I could help. I already knew that I was supposed to be here in Olmos for a reason, but this just confirms that I´m supposed to be here, and I was called of God to be in this place at this time. I am so incredibly grateful for this experience. It also showed me how incredibly important it is that missionaries keep in contact with their converts and other people from their missions. So... if yal haven´t talked to people who you introduced the gospel to for a while... CALL THEM! You mean the world to them! Literally.
Anyways, that´s my happy experience for the week! Hope you enjoyed :) I love this work. I love my mission. I LOVE the gospel! There is absolutely nothing else that could bring so much happiness! Life is wonderful. So... smile and enjoy it! :)
Love you all!
xo, Hermana Dev

No comments:

Post a Comment