Sunday, September 12, 2010

The party just NEVER ends!!!! :) :)

FINALLY! Sorry this is so late. We changed our p-day this week so we could go to the zoo! It was pretty darn exciting. But! Now I{m going to try to do the best I can to remember what we did in the last 2 weeks :)
1. On Wednesday we went to eat lunch with our bishop, but decided to show up an hour early in jeans to paint their house! We had a wonderful time, and later he made us an Asado....yummmm... in which i tried morsilla finally! (Blood sausage... yuck.). We´ll hope that´s the first and the last time I have to eat that :) Our bishop and his family are amazing!! They have barely anything but would literally give you everything.
2. We´re having a baptism this Saturday!! A big one too! Claudio, who´s 16 and came to church on his own, is getting baptized, as well as Carlos and Yrene, the mom and son of the family we found the first week we came to Olmos (when we were in Los Hornos). And, a little girl Gisell is probably getting baptized too, who´s Dad just got baptized in Decemeber. So fun!! We´ve been working like CRAZY with Claudio, because before the Elders were teaching him but barely ever could go, so he still needed a lot of the charlas. He just had his interview on Tuesday, though, and he´s good to go! :) I´m way excited!!!
How do I even explain the rest of the week... basically I´m IN LOVE with Olmos! It´s been tough because without bikes (still) we walk a TON and can´t get as much done as we would like, but at the same time we´ve had so many awesome charlas and have gotten to meet so many incredible families. I can´t believe how blessed I´ve been to meet so many AMAZING people here and see the change the gospel makes in their lives. It makes you realize that the hard times and challenges and trials really don´t matter at all... because there´s always something that makes it all worth it! So... hang in there... tough it out... and just BE HAPPY!! :) :) There´s nothing better :)
I love you all TONS!! :) be good. smile lots.
Besos!
Hermana Dev
P.s... GENERAL CONFERENCE IS NEXT WEEK!!!! YAY!!! On my birthday too.... what a sweet birthday present!! :) I have a favor to ask though... that each of you invite someone (or more than one person... even better!) to come with you to conference. I promise it´ll be great and they´ll love it!! They just need an invitation to come... and you´re the one to give it to them :) Anyways, that´s all I want for my bday :) Let me know how it goes!! Love ya! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment