Sunday, September 12, 2010

BRRRRRR!!!

Hey fam!
I`m FREEEEEEZING!!!! urgg.... winter is not my fav! But what can ya do. To make it even better, last night we had no power... meaning no heat, no light, nothing! Hopefully it`ll get fixed today. So we spent the night bundled up with tons of clothes, hats and gloves, and using candles to light the apartment. Let me just say, waking up in bed and being able to see your breathe because it`s so cold isnt necessarily my idea of fun. But those are the little moments that you just have to laugh at and enjoy! Hay que reir de la vida, no hacer que la vida se ríe de vos. It`s so true too! People waste so much time being mad or in a bad mood... it`s so much better to just go with the flow, accept whatever gets thrown at you, and make the best of it! .... and to be HAPPY! :)
A lot of things have gone on this week, but most of all I`m WAY happy about some updates I just got on Olmos... Remember Cristina, one of the 4 batisms we had the day before I left Olmos? Well, also right before I left we met tons of her grandkids who live close by, and they were all SO excited to come to church and LOVED the baptism.... and now I just found out that 8 of them have baptismal dates!!! YAY!!!! :) I`m so excited!!! The blessings just keep coming and coming! :) It makes me so happy to see families growing in the gospel! :)
This week Eduardo had his baptismal interview and passed! We were a little worried, cuz he has a VERY rocky past, but he`s changed so much to be baptized and is so excited! So next week we should be having 3 baptisms. The other 2 are Mariana and Brisa, who are 9 and 11. Their mom wants to get baptized, too, but still has to get married. Sunday, though, we didn`t think they were going to come to church, but in the middle of sacrament meeting Mariana and Brisa both showed up all by themselves!! (and the capilla is like 40 blocks away, so they came in bus!). I love little miracles like that, that just make the whole week a million times better.
Other than that, life is good. I just found out my comp has the same homesick, "i want to go home" problems like my comp i trained had, but hey... i convinced her to stay in the mish, so I`m sure this one will be a piece of cake too! :) In other news, next week I hit my "1 year in Argentina" mark! Yay! Crazy how fast time flies, no? We already decided that we`re gonna celebrate lots since I didn`t get to do anything for my 1 year mark. :) I promise pics next time :)
I love you all! Really really :) Be good, and just be happy! :)
Besitos,
Hermana Churchy

No comments:

Post a Comment