Sunday, September 12, 2010

"The Hills" : Discontinued :(

Yep... that´s right... "The Hills" are no longer the hills. Sad, eh? Today we had transfers, and Hermana Hill went to Montegrande, and I now have a new companion. It was really sad... we both cried... but I´m sure it will be GREAT with my new comp too! Her name is Hermana Rindlesbach, and she´s from Holiday, Utah (SLC area). The mission has been a little rough for her, but by the end of this transfer she´s going to LOOOOOVE it! :) hehe... i have my ways.... :) She rocks though, so I´m positive we´ll have a blast with tons of success!
This week has been a little bit of an emotional rollercoaseter with everything going on, but all in all life is great.... as always :) We had an AWESOME baptism this week!!!!! Yrene and Carlos, 2 people we found the first week we came here, as well as Claudio, a 16 year old "capo" who came to church all by himself (who we´ve been teaching like CRAZY!) all got baptized on Saturday! It was a blast. I can´t wait to send pictures! About 40 people came to the baptism... man our ward is amazing! We have A LOT of work to do now, since that was the only fecha in Olmos (when we switched with the Elders we gave them ALL of our investigators who had baptismal dates, and here there was only 1), but there are some INCREDIBLE families we´re teaching right now, so I´m really excited for what´s going to happen this transfer!
Lately I´ve been reflecting a lot on the mission and everything... I think that means that I´m old. ;) But really, I´m so grateful for this time I have here to share my testimony with others and to serve the Lord 24/7. The mission really makes you realize how imperfect you are and how many weaknesses you really have, but it´s been an amazing learning experience, that constantly inspires me to want to be a better person. When you think about life and everything that goes on, you start to realize what´s really important. People always think we´re SO deprived because of all the "rules" of things we can´t do, but you realize that watching television or listening to the radio or ... drinking mate.... really aren´t that important! :) Anyways, if any of this rambling makes sense... the reason I say it is simply that I hope you will all make the best of the time you have. Focus on what´s really important like strengthing you testimony and family, rather than the things that only distract and waste our time. I never knew how precious time really was until I came here. Cherish it.
I love you! Smile EXTRA big this week.... after all its General Conference, my birthday AND Easter! Party time! :) Be good!
xo, Hermana Dev

No comments:

Post a Comment