Friday, December 10, 2010

CONFERENCE! :)



Wasn`t conference AWESOME?! Man, I can never get enough! It always makes me so sad when conference is over!
I had a really neat experience in conference I wanted to share with yal. Usually, when we have conference all the "gringo" missionaries (from the states) go to a different room so we can watch it in English. But this Saturday we went and there was NO ONE there to open the office (Our stake center has the mission offices attached to it, so we get to watch upstairs in the offices), and I called and an Elder told me that President said we couldn`t watch in English and had to stay with our investigators. I was super frustrated, because although I understand everything in Spanish, it`s just not the same... It`s like Preach my gospel says, that the gospel should be preached to people in their own language, because in that way you are able to feel the spirit more, and le llega mas.
Anyways, I was super bummed but went to watch in Spanish with my comp and our inv. I was kinda in a bad mood, so although I listened I didn`t write down a single thing in my notes. To make it worse, Elders Holland and Uchtdorf both spoke in the first session, making me even more bummed that I couldn`t watch in English. But then I realized how dumb I was being, and realized that even though it was in a different language I could still perfectly understand the language of the spirit.
In the middle of Elder Uchtdorf`s talk I started trying to listen more to the spirit rather that the spanish translation, and had a such a sweet, powerful experience. I could feel the truthfulness of the gospel, and started writing the thoughts and impressions that came into my mind. This is what I wrote:
" So many people attack the church and give so many reasons as to why the church isn`t true. But say what they say, there is not a single person in this world who could make me doubt that this is the church of Jesus Christ that He established. I know that it is true and I will never, ever deny it. This is His church. I will follow Him and dedicate my life to Him so that I can return to live with Him and my family forever. "
Even though it was something so small and simple, I cannot even explain what an amazing experience this was for me! Not only did it strengthen my testimony of the church and this marvelous work, but also taught me how crucial it is that we constantly listen to the Holy Ghost. I know that as we do so we will be taught and guided in everything we do.
Later on we did get to watch the other 3 sessions in English, and it turned out it was only a mistake, that President didn`t say we couldn`t watch it. I loved all of the sessions, and was able to learn so much from every speaker, but out of all of them this first session turned out to be my favorite, thanks to this wonderful lesson I was taught. I LOVE this gospel! The church is PERFECT! I know President Monson and all of the other leaders of the church are literally called of God.
I love you all. :) More than you know.
xo, Hermana Churchill
Romans 1:16
PICS
1. Conference in English with our capo zone! :)
2. ... And this is why I bought rubber boots.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment