Friday, December 10, 2010

HOT HOT HOT... tamales?

It`s really starting to burn up down here.... and I LOVE it! It`s actually been a mix of sun, rain, tornado-ish, windy, hailing weather, so it`s been kinda funky. Right before the BIGGEST storm this week, we found a man and his mother, and they let us in their house on the first visit. RIGHT before we were going to leave, it started POORING... I`m talkin fire-hose pooring... so they insisted on us staying. We said we had to keep working, and that we would be ok, so then they changed and insisted that we take their umbrella. Yal know how stubborn I am, though, so I assured them we would be totally fine, and the mother said " ¡Sé que ustedes son ángeles, pero aún los ángeles tienen alas y no se puede mojarlas!" (I know that you are angels, but even angels have wings and you can`t let them get wet!). :) haha. SO that was the cute moment of the week :)
We had a LOT of fun with the packages of hot tamales that my AMAZING long-distance visiting teacher sent me. The people here HATE spicy things, so hot tamales kill them, but we decided to use them and apply them to the gospel. We talked about why it is that God gives us trials, and how it is that we can overcome them, and read in Doctrine and Covenants 121 about how trials are really only short moments, and in the end we will overcome them and be blessed. Then we would give a hot tamale to each person and tell them that this was their trial - that they had to suck on the hot tamale, and have faith that once the overcome their trial they will receive the blessings (which is the sweet part inside the hot tamale). It was a blast, and really helped a lot of our investigators and less-active members to realize why it is that we have trials, and that we will always be able to make it through if we trust in the Lord.
Sunday was also a SUPER special day for me! Raul, one of my converts from Banfield 2 (my first area) came to sacrament meeting in Burzaco! What made it even better, is that it was fast and testimony meeting, so he got up and shared a BEAUTIFUL testimony, which made me cry seeing how incredibly strong and dedicated he is to the gospel...... and i don`t cry ever! :) It was absolutely amazing, and I felt like the happiest person in the world! In my agenda I simply wrote " I have been blessed " cuz that`s how I really feel... blessed that I have this opportunity to meet so many amazing people and share the gospel - the biggest blessing that i have in my life - with them. There really is no greater joy than helping someone else receive the gospel and follow in the straight and narrow - whether it be your friends or your own family members or complete strangers. I LOVE THIS WORK!!!
Alright, I gotta get going!!! But I love you all so so so much!!! Be good. Be happy. Smile TONS!
Besos y abrazos,
Hermana Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment