Friday, December 10, 2010

Let the rain fall down!




Hi family!!!!
Thanks for being so patient :) We just got done with our zone activity (a couple pics to follow). The highlight was definitely watching President Stapley and Elder Jones from the offices in white shirts and ties beat the assistants in a game of 2-on-2. :) I love being in the zone with the offices! :)
Well, this is the last week of this transfer! These last 2 transfers have been some of the most difficult of my mission, but I`ve learned SO much and am sincerely grateful for every single day. My poor companion has been struggling, and we`re pretty sure she has clinical depression, so we`re trying to figure a whole bunch of stuff out with that. It`s been really emotionally trying on me, too, since we`re so close as companions and friends. She`s a wonderful girl with such a big heart and has taught me SO much. It`s like Melanie said when I left on the mission, that sometimes the mission is more about serving your companion than anyone else, so now I`m learning patience and unconditional love. It`s been rough, but I truly believe I`m a better person now than I was before. Aren`t trials WONDERFUL?! :)
Carlos and his family is still doing wonderfully. He passed his pre-interview to get baptized, and is going to have his baptismal interview tomorrow, so we`re getting super excited! I can`t even explain how happy I am for him. It`s absolutely incredible how much the gospel changes lives. The other day we made a whole bunch of notes of scriptures and quotes and taped them all over to help him stop smoking. Later when he saw it he called us crying, and shared the sweetest testimony of how he knew that all of this was true. He kept saying how "weird" he felt, but that he`s never felt like that before, so happy... haha... I LOVE it when people first starting feeling the spirit and have no idea what`s going on :)
So, life is wonderful. I`m sure I`ve probably said it a million times, but i LOVE the quote from Brigham Young: "we are the happiest people when we have what are called trials, for then the blessings of the Lord are poured more abundantly upon the faithful"... so.... bring on the trials! :)
I love you all tons and tons! Be good, and enjoy this life... there are no second chances at life, so love the life you`ve been given! :) It can be everything you want it to be if you just make it that way, so make it a wonderful one! :)
Un besote
Hermana Churchill
Pictures:
1. I FINALLY got to climb a tree! ... kind of....
2/3 .. Pday today!
2. President Stapley and Elder Jones playing 2 on 2 with the assistants... my President is so capo!
3. ASADO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment