Friday, December 10, 2010

TRANSFERS! .... and in the hospital AGAIN?! ... ;)




Believe it or not, today is the first day of my last transfer.... WEIRD. It`s ok, though, cuz it really doesn`t feel like it. I`m just super excited to work like crazy and tear it up this transfer!! President called me and was considering leaving my companion with me for a FOURTH transfer, but we decided it`d be better for her to have a change and a new area. Plus, she`s doing SO SO SO much better now! I`m super happy. But guess where she`s going.... OLMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won`t believe how much Olmos is growing! They`re now putting 4 Hermanas there because it`s had so much success! I love Olmos. I just can`t get over it! It`s super funny too, cuz last night she started naming off people I had talked about in Olmos, and already knows the whole ward!! :) Oh she`s going to love it! It was hard to say bye to her today. I really am so grateful I got to be her companion. There were so many times that seemed impossible to overcome and I got so tired sometimes with all that went on, but I`m so grateful I got to be here to help her out, and I know that I am a MUCH better person for having known her.
ANYWAYS, my new comp is awesome as well! Her name is Hermana Smith, and she`s from Riverton, Utah! President told me he was thinking about putting me with an hermana they`ve been having a few problems with, but then thought "No, it`s Hermana Churchill`s last transfer, and she deserves a break" .... so he gave me Hna Smith! She`s so awesome! She has about a year in the mish, and is always happy and upbeat! So... this is gonna be a party!! :)
Oh.. and about the hospital.... NO... DONT WORRY... it wasn`t for me! :) We had a kinda crazy weekend though. Saturday morning President called me and told me there was an hermana in the hospital, and that he needed us to go and pick her up/ do a companion exchange so that I could take her companion to the mission home to bathe and eat. So all day Saturday we did that, (which was actually super nice spending time with President and Hermana Stapley.... I LOVE them! They are both such amazing people!!!!!! I feel so lucky to be in this mission and have them for our mission President) then we ran back to our area for a service activity chopping grass with machetes, then ran to ANOTHER activity cleaning the capilla, ran home and bathed, and went back to the hospital. I stayed the whole night in the hospital while my comp and the other hermana went to the mission home to sleep.
The sad part was Sunday we didn`t go to our ward.... and I actually didn`t go to church at all! That`s a first for me in the mission! :) SOOOOO many good things happened in our ward, though. 1) the primary kids sang. I was supposed to play the piano for them but wasn`t there so they did it acapella. 2) Carlos received the priesthood!!! 3) A contact we had done came to church for the first time and was looking for us and... well, a bunch more stuff that I don`t even remember! We were happy to hear so many good things went on though! And it was nice to do so much service in one weekend :) :) Plus, the hermana who was in the hospital is all better now, so we`re all good! :)
Anyways, that`s the update of life in Argie!!! I love my mission and my life so much. I always feel like I have SOOOOO much more to learn and improve on, but everyday is a new to repent and start over new, and I`m so grateful for this time I`ve been trusted with to serve the Lord. There is nothing that can make a person happier in this life than knowing and applying the gospel. It`s the best thing I can imagine and possibly ask for! I LOVE IT!!! :)
... And I love all of you. CuĂ­dense mucho ¡Un abrazo GRANDISIMO!
xo, Hermana Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment