Friday, December 10, 2010

SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Hey kids!
That`s right.... it`s FINALLY starting to warm up here! People think I`m a happy person now, but wait til they see me once it`s finally NOT winter!!! :) Man I love it!
As always, the work is going wonderfully! Carlos and his entire family came to church yesterday and LOVED it! You have no idea how much I love this family! They`re doing so well! Carlos is still trying to quit smoking, but he`s already improved a ton, and will hopefully be baptized in the next 2 weeks. One sad thing is that Lucas, who`s 12, really wants to get baptized but his mom won`t let him, and her and her bf always talk bad about the mormons to the kids... its really sad... but even so they`re tough and come to church anyways! :)
Saturday we had a near disaster. It was the stake president`s son`s baptism, and they had asked the missionaries to be there because there were going to be non-members at the baptism. We stopped by, but didn`t want to stay because the Elders were already there, so we were going to go out and work. We even escaped and went to the bus stop, but while we waited I felt bad and felt like we needed to stay. So we went back in, and about 10 minutes later we found out why we needed to stay. Remember Graciela and Mariana who got baptized? We`re teaching her sister who has 11 kids, but its one of those situations that kills you to be in because its SO bad in their house, they have no rules, no hygiene, no education, nothing to eat, they dont bathe for 2 weeks to a month... its bad. Anyways, after the baptism started, 7 of the kids (ages 5-12) came into the baptism, (they escaped from their house and came in bus without their mom because there was also a primary activity that day) so we spent the next 1 ½ hours babysitting all of them and trying to keep the baptism under control. It turned out alright in the end, but was so stressful in the moment!
Aside from that, the week was pretty tranquilo. We got to see the new Preach my Gospel videos, which I actually really enjoyed! I LOVE missionary work! I`m learning more and more everyday that no matter what situation you`re in, you can ALWAYS be happy! It`s funny cuz my comp is super stubborn and doesn`t like to do a lot of things, but I guess that`s why we`re comps, cuz I`m just as stubborn and dont let her give in or give up. I`m learning a TON from her and am loving this time together, she`s really a wonderful girl!
Anyways, I`m gonna leave it at that. I hope you enjoy the pics! :) Have a wonderful week and remember to smile TONS! :)
besitos,
Hermana Churchi

No comments:

Post a Comment